americanexpress.com/confirmcard is the official website of American Express of United States for their customers to verify and confirm their credit card online.
You must be knowing that already, ain’t you? Why else would you be here eh?
Now, if this is your first time doing this, stick around, we’ve a complete step by step guide on how to confirming your AMEX card online using www.americanexpress.com/confirmcard website.
But, if you already have experience with americanexpress.com confirmcard, you can just visit the official site right away by using the direct link.
|Card provider||American Express|
|Card activation method||Online|
How to confirm your American Express card online?
Now we explain how you can confirm your AMEX card online using a step by step method, read on:
- First, visit the official website of the American Express, americanexpress.com/confirmcard using this link. You can also type the address on the address bar of your browser to visit it.
- Now, once you’re in there, you’ll be greeted with a sample of the normal AMEX card (blue one).
- Here, you’re required to enter the details asked.
- Enter both on the space given and click on the “Confirm” button.
- Now, you’ll be asked on the next page that if you have an account with americanexpress.com already or not.
- If you’ve one, click on “Login“, and if not, click on the “Register a new account” button.
- Now, for registering, you’ll be asked about your personal details such as your:
- Full name
- Mother’s maiden name
- Date of birth
- Contact number
- Email address
- Enter these correctly according to the details you filled in when you signed up for the AMEX card.
- Now, you’ll be asked to select a username and password.
- Choose the username and password, which you’ll be able to remember as this is required for login to the AmericanExpress com confirmcard website in the future.
- Now, click on the “Finish” button.
- Your card will be confirmed now! And you’ll be taken to the american express.com/confirmcard page, which shows that the card is confirmed now.
How to confirm your American Express card on Phone?
Did you know that you can confirm your American Express card using your phone, rather than using the American Express confirm card website.
Below given is the AMEX card confirmation toll free hotline for confirming your card on phone:
Here’s a small heads up on how to do this on phone:
- Call the toll free number given above.
- Now, you will be connected to a customer support executive.
- They will ask you which AMEX card are you having.
- Answer it and proceed like they ask you to.
- Your card will be confirmed and activated.
AmericanExpress.com confirmcard FAQs
Below given are some of the common questions and answers of AmericanExpress com confirm card website:
- Q: Is is required to confirm your card online?
A: Yes it is. Else you won’t be able use your AMEX card online or offline in stores.
- Q: Can I confirm the card easily? Is the confirming process easy?
A: Yes, the process for confirming the card is easy as we mentioned in the step by step guide mentioned above.
- Q: What to do if I’m getting error on the card confirming website (on americanexpress.com/confirmcard)?
A: If you’re getting errors such as the website not loading, please try after sometime else. Now, if the card is not getting confirmed after you’ve done the steps we mentioned in the guide above, you can contact their customer support (details here).
About American Express
Amex (The American Express Company) is a renowned multinational financial services company, headquarter located in New York. The company was founded in the year 1850 is quite famous for its charge cards, Credit cards and traveller’s cheque businesses. Also it makes up for one of the 30 components of Dow Jones Industrial Average.
In 1958 Gladiator or Centurion was adopted as logo of company,and they have successfully made their image being printed on company’s traveler’s cheque, charge cards and credit cards.
American Express was started as express mail business in Buffalo, New York in 1850. It was started by Henry Wells, William G. Fargo and John Warren Butterfield merging their express companies as Joint Stock Corporation. It was started initially with its headquarter located at the intersection of Jay Street and Hudson Street, which later came to be known as Tribeca section of Manahattan. It enjoyed market monopoly on movement of express shipments throughout the New York for years.
Later in 1874, American Express relocated its headquarter to 65 Broadway (a location it was to retain through two buildings), which was becoming financial district of Manhattan.
About American Express Credit Cards
American Express offers an array of cards suitable for vivid lifestyles. Though Amex has a market reputation for providing top notch customer service and perks across board, each one of its cards offers a distinctive set of benefits and perks which are tailored specifically keeping in minds the needs of different customers. Below-mentioned are an overview of benefits and perks of Amex’s most popular cards:
- Blue Cash Preferred: It allows for 6% cash back on purchase of anything at US supermarkets including gift cards and also at restraint, coffee shops, movie theatre or anything else. Also only $6000 annual limit stands eligible for this reward benefit .After this limit is exhausted reward rate comes down to 1%.Also the sign up bonus has comparatively less requirement on spending. The sister card Blue Cash Everyday has $0 annual fee and offers 3% cash back on spending limit up to $6000 per year (later 1%) in US supermarkets and 2% at selected stores and gas stations. So it is not a good decision to go for Blue Cash Preferred if one runs low on grocery and fuel bills. It is ideal for large families; they can easily get past the annual fee and enjoy the reward.
- The Amex Everyday: This card is the only card from company to give bonus on often usage of card.Reward is given in form of membership reward points, which can be redeemed for travel, gift card and shopping .it can be transferred to airline and hotel partners which are namely Aero plan, British Airways, Alitalia, Asia Miles, Delta Sky miles, Etihad Airways, Hilton Honors and Starwood Preferred Guest. Card is pretty good choice except it has a low sign up bonus and charges 2.7% foreign transaction charge.
- Simply cash Plus Business Credit Card: Card offers small business owners an opportunity to earn serious rewards and get help building their business without adding unnecessary expenses. This offers big time cash back on routine expenses of business along with the choice of choosing of own 3% category. Categories consist of airfare purchased from airline, hotels rooms booked directly with hotels, car rentals with selected companies, gas stations, restaurant and advertising with selected media houses. Along with that it comes with sigh up bonus and $0 annual fee. Additionally,member also gets access to American Express OPEN.
- The Platinum Card: This card offers elite and premium benefits like access to posh airport lounges, statement credit for airline incidental fees and taking uber , Starwood preferred guest gold status , concierge services and much more. It has attractive sign up bonus and has huge reward point to offer which can be redeemed for travel , gift cards ,shoppingand hotel partners like Aeroplan , British Airways, Asia miles, Alitalia , Hilton Honors , Delta Sky miles , Etihad Airways and Starwood PreferredGuest. It has zero foreign transaction fees. The card is ideal for one who travel abroad often.
Be it any card from this list, you’re required to confirm it first online using the americanexpress/confirmcard website. We’ve already mentioned the steps for just that in the previous section.
American Express Card Eligibility Criteria
As with any other credit cards, AMEX cards does come with some eligibility criteria. You will only be able to get hands on the card if you meet these criteria. Your card application will be approved if you fall into these eligibility criteria.
- Your approval chances are higher if your age is above 21.
- There is not fixed threshold for your salary, but the more your earn, the better the chances are for approval.
- Platinum Cards and above require you to have a credit score of more than 700. If you don’t have existing credit scores, you won’t be able to apply for higher class cards.
But as you’re here on this page, you must have already met those criteria, don’t you?
Do you need any help with confirming your American Express card?
Are you stuck with the card confirming process?
Contact their customer support, who are ready to solve the issues for you.
You can call the below given support number to get in touch with them:
- 1‑800‑954‑0559 (Domestic)
- 1‑801-449-4019 (International)
Or you can contact them through their live by clicking here.
TestimonialsWhat others say about AMEX Card confirming using our guide:
Frequently Asked Questions: americanexpress.com/confirmcard
If you’re having any more questions about confirming your American Express card, we’re answering all of them in below.
How do I activate my new American Express card?
You can either activate your new American Express card online or by phone. The process of activating or confirming your card is actually quite simple. We would suggest you to try activating your card online first, it should work most of the time, but we have received comments from people like you in the comment section that it didn’t work for them. So if it didn’t work for you when you tried, please try confirming your card on phone.
We have explained it in a detailed step by step guide above.
How do I confirm my new American Express card?
Activating and confirming process of AMEX card is the same. You can activate your American Express card by confirming it. We have a pretty detailed step by step guide written above.
How do I know if my credit card is activated?
The simplest way to know if your card is activated is to call the customer care support of American Express and ask. Usually the card gets activated as soon as it is confirmed.
Can I use my credit card as soon as I activate it?
Yes, you can use your credit card as soon as you activate or confirm it.
How do I activate my American Express card online?
You can easily activate your American Express card online. For activating the card, you have to visit the official website from AMEX, americanexpress.com/confirmcard. And proceed like we mentioned in the step by step guide above.
What happens if I don’t activate my American Express card?
If you don’t activate your American Express card, your card might get deactivated and you would have to request for a replacement card.
We hope you were able to confirm your Amex card using americanexpress.com/confirmcard website and using the step by step guide we wrote for you. Do let us know your thoughts or questions if any in the comment section given below.